Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
On my travels around the internet this week, I found a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies that is vegan and allergy friendly. When I was in elementary school, I would always look enviously at other kid's lunches as they had all kinds of baked goodies and treats I thought I would never be able to eat. I've never made a true, classic chocolate chip cookie because it's been tough to tweak original egg filled recipes. I was so happy to stumble on this I had to go home and make them right away. For this recipe, you'll need:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup margarine (or butter if you're not following a vegan/non dairy diet)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup rice milk or soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, beat together the margarine, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and rice milk.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture and stir until combined well.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop one inch spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet.
5. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
Yum! The cookies were moist without being too dense and chocolatey without being overpowering. This is a recipe I will definitely be keeping in my baking arsenal; so easy and so delicious.
What do you like most about the classic chocolate chip cookie?