Simple Blue Cheese Dip
This is one of my favourites. I like to think of this as a "work smarter, not harder" type of appetizer because it's a supremely easy dip to accomplish and I typically bring home an empty dish at the end of the dinner party. I think the secret is that this contains not one, but TWO types of cheese. Besides those who do not (or cannot) eat dairy, there are very few people I've met who say they hate cheese, meaning cheese is any excellent starting ingredient for a dish you have to bring to meet family, friends, coworkers, strangers, everyone. Call this the ace up your sleeve of entertaining recipes, because you're about to rock the holiday potluck.
For this recipe, you'll need:
- 8 oz container spreadable cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup blue cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Cream together the blue cheese and the cream cheese with a wooden spoon, spatula or fork.
2. Add the green onions and dried cranberries and mix until well combined.
3. Serve with chopped veggies, crackers, crusty bread, on it's own with a spoon. We're not judging.
This dip is so rich and creamy, with a little sharpness from the onions and sweetness from the dried cranberries to give the cheeses a unique flavour. It also takes less time to make this than it does to clean up the kitchen afterwards, meaning more time spend enjoying the time spent entertaining and less time trying to figure out how to put together the food processor.
What are your go-to appetizers for entertaining?